Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wishful Thinking

Smile at me with those pearly whites
They tell me everything will be all right
I wake to you every day
Hoping it always to be that way
Your hugs are like medicine to my bones
They lift my spirits when I am alone
You're my Mona Lisa, my greatest prize
I thank God every time your image is in my eyes
Where we've been to where we go,
With you I'll be, for this I know
You are my love, my Earthly pride
Promise me you'll always be by my side
God has given me my best friend
Our friendship will never cease, will never end
We'll grow old, walking hand in hand
We'll look at the young, knowing our love great than all the land
Please stay mine, my only one
'Til my last breath on Earth be done

Good night world,
Michael Leather

(What this sad attempt at poetry is supposed to portray, hopefully we both find out one day)

No comments:

Post a Comment