Saturday, March 6, 2010

Stairway Secrets

I'm just sitting here. It is 1:20 in the morning and I'm writing a blog. I must be nuts. Everyone in the Farmhouse (that is the guys quarters here at Innabah) have gone to sleep. I am sitting at the top of the staircase and my bed is just around the corner. I just got on my computer to check my email and my Facebook and somehow I ended up here on my blog. I don't even know what to say tonight. But now that I'm thinking about it, this stairway I'm sitting on means a lot to me.

Years ago when I was a camper here at Innabah, I would see the male staff members run up these very stairs and I would wonder what mystical world was at the top. Tonight I am sitting at the top, looking at the landing and then I can see the spiral down to where I used to look not too long ago. It's interesting seeing the difference. I no longer have magical thoughts of the world above, nor do I help to create one. haha. I simply know that the guys live up here. Now, there is "magic" in that sense because we can tell jokes, laugh, talk about whatever and have fun. The upstairs to the Farmhouse may be "magic" but certainly not what I used to think it was. Two years ago I looked up here, and now I'm looking down. Isn't symbolism interesting?

Yeah. That's just about it actually. I have to be up at 7 to shower and down to breakfast at 8. So I think I'm just going to go to sleep. I just want to say that sometimes I think about camp and say it isn't as great as I hype it up to be. Then I come back, I see Eric, Elli, Glen, Jeff, Phil, Boss, just...everyone and I remember just why this place is so special to me. There is not one negative memory (referring to my room mate's blog) of this place and I hope there never will be. I don't want to leave Innabah EVER when I am here and yet...I know my time is limited. The biggest question is this: how limited?

Good night world.

Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment