Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dr. Leather & Mr. Mike

Isn't it interesting how something as purely simple as a name can affect and change a person's character?

At my school, my name is Michael. Michael is a fair student, caring, compassionate, quiet, and introverted. He is not super involved in the school itself. I think Michael is that friend in the background who people know they can go to and always count on and when they need someone, they know they can go right there. I love being Michael. He's a nice guy and that I think is the worst thing I can personally say about him. Michael needs to grow in maturity as well as spiritually. This is nothing new and something he has worked on his whole life.

At Innabah, my name is Michael Leather. One person calls me solely by my first name at camp and everyone else calls me by both. When someone calls me Michael Leather, my personality shifts completely. Michael Leather is loud, an extrovert, a Boy Scout, a "goody goody," liked by just about everyone, and is known by EVERYONE. Michael Leather is just...different. He is confident in everything he does. Michael Leather has the ABILITY to do something wrong, but he doesn't think he will and is willing to make a mistake to learn. He walks around with his head up high and just feels 9 feet tall. Michael Leather is a really cool guy.

So who am I? Michael Leather or Michael? These two guys are TOTALLY different. I enjoy being both but I wonder...should I choose to be one? Is there room to be both guys? Can I meld them somehow even tho they are so different? No, I don't know these questions and I just thought about it today. But it's interesting. I know I have more fun and purely enjoy being Michael Leather. Michael is rather blan but a really good guy (not saying Michael Leather isn't). I wonder. Ok, time for homework.

Good night world,
Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment