Tuesday, March 23, 2010

God's Gift of People

I was reading blogs and saw my friend Katie write about 10 people on her blog. She used no names, all she did was describe her ten people, and write about them. I was not going to copy her, but I have been thinking about my ten potential people for the last few days. So...I guess I'm going to do it. lol. It's not a bad thing to use another person's idea. I'm happy. I want these people to know what they mean to me. Oh, and yes, they ARE mostly girls. And let me use a disclaimer here. Just because you are not on here does not mean that I do not care deeply about you. I know a few people on here which I'd want to write more about. But...ten is a LOT and you do have to stop somewhere. Anyway, here we go:

-You are the first student I ever had contact with from Eastern University. You said "hey, we're going to be room mates!" on Facebook. Every day I watch you, and see what you are not able to do, but still overcome and I can not help but be in awe. You inspire me to run, help others, and just be a better person. Every day I just wish we could sit and talk about our days and think about life, like we did tonight. I respect you so much for what you have taught me and what I plan on learning from you. You've given me what...7(?) great months. Let's just say 2 awesome semesters. I can't wait for 6 more.

-The first thing I remember of you is yelling "HEY GUYS!" at the Fall Trip for LGP. You are so caring about everyone and everything around you. We are romantics together, planning on what our perfect mate could/should be like. We day dream of past events and those we hope to come. I vent to you, you vent to me. You finally beat me in the morning texts, but that just shows your personality even more. You are awesome. Period.

-For you m'am. I have so much to say. You are a "crick" in my neck. haha. Ok, that just gave it away. I look at you and all I can think of is "passionate follower of Christ." That and "awesome" is in red neon letters across your forehead. You have such a passion for others and foreign countries that I will never be able to fully comprehend. You have many layers. I have only seen the top few and I hope to dig deeper to get to know more about you. You brighten my day with your simple texts and asking "how are you"s. You are so ambitious and...I could go on. But just know that you have impacted my life so much, I wonder if you will ever know.

-If the last one is a layered cake, you are like...the icing. Not in terms of depth, but in terms of joy. Visiting one of you is a "2 fer 1" because there is not one I would choose over the other. I see you and wonder how someone can be that on top of things. You work, you play, you just can do everything. You get A's on just about everything, and all I can do is laugh because I know you have me beat. Talking to you is like talking to an old friend from my past. It is never off, and we can just keep going. Yes, you love the outdoors, especially when you're on a "high horse" and I don't think I've come to appreciate that yet. Know that you inspire me and make me want to be better. You rock.

-You are my first best friend on campus and essentially my only. I am a friend that shows on your feed every time someone is on your Facebook. We don't talk a whole lot for being best friends, but we just have that connection. That connection where we just know "yeah, you ARE cool, I want to hang with you." I may be better than you at James Bond, but in Halo well...you know the result. When asked about my guy friends on campus I describe as my "buddies" I listed my room mate as an obvious one, but other than that, it was all you man. You show me how to be a good guy to a girl. You show me how to be social to the world and in a relationship. For crying out loud "dude," you show me how to be better than I am right now. Our friendship may not span from morning til night, but it'll span from college til death.

-So...apparently we were separated at birth. I don't know how that happened, but it did. You MAY have blonde hair and be...rather short, but you are my twin. We talk about the hardest things imaginable, and yet we still manage to have SO much fun. My favorite times of us are just us sitting in my room, you falling asleep in my loft and us just talking. You threw me my first ever surprise party, and made it memorable. You care about me so much, and I can only HOPE to show the same "totally wickedness" back to you.

-You may have given me the broken chair in New Testament, but I forgive you. You are such a rational thinker and can solve problems so easily. You are straight forward and it's awesome. I do NOT "hate you" as some people may think they do. haha. You are awesome. You and your Oakley's can travel with on a vision quest ANY day. You're cool, and together, we form a trio. You know, with that one before?

-You are probably the most chill person...ever! You make friends so easily, everyone likes you, and just you are a great guy to be around. The room really does feel empty without you in here. Every time I'm around you, I wish I could be as well liked and just simply...amazing as you are. Your knowledge of movies, Pokemon and music is incredible. I could go on complimenting you ALL day probably, but that would take some mystery away. (Why I need mystery, I don't know.) I hope one day we can form a friendship where we can chill 1-on-1 and not just being cordial. You are a great guy.

-In life, I have one true best friend; one above all others. There is only one guy who I keep a picture of in my dorm room so I can remember the times we've had together. You are the brother I wish I had, and the brother to me that is more real than anything the "Brotherhood of Scouting" can ever teach us. People mix us up all the time, everywhere we go. Mr. Roberts thought I was completely you at the pep rally. But you know what? If people mistake me for you, that's a compliment to me. That means I'm a lot like my best friend in the history of my life. We have so many good times together, I just...I really can't say more about this bud. It's hard not having you here. I think about you every day and wish you were with me. When I go home, you are the first person I call and you are the last person I try to talk to before I leave again. I haven't forgotten about you in college, and you BETTER not forget about me next year. I mean it. You are the greatest friend to ever happen to me, and I'd hate to loose that.

-I met you all of about three weeks ago. Since that day at camp, you have changed my perception on girls for the better. You are different, oh so different, and it makes me so happy. We talk all the time, but yet, we know our limits. I have a life here, and you have a life there. When we are apart, we think about the other. When talking, all we can do is smile. There is nothing I can not share with you either about thinking in life, or in terms of making our bond stronger (or preventing it from becoming weaker). Of the seven posts on your blog, I think I'm mentioned in five. Two of which are dedicated solely to me or our time together. I can not wait to work at camp with you this summer and grow in Christ and be awesome staff members for the campers. When you visited me, that made for probably the best "chill" day at school I've ever had. And that is saying a lot considering the two days before that were probably 2 of my most favorite days here at school. You make me smile. You make me smile a lot. Every day when we start talking again, it's like I get to open up a new present and every day I am delighted. You are passionate about programs, and getting involved. That is obvious just by getting to know you and the fact that you are captain of like...everything. We've said it to each other several times, and I'll freely state it again: "God put you in my life at the right time." I don't know where you and I will go, or what we will do in life, or what we can accomplish togehter. All I know is this: If we are together, I doubt it matters. You fall asleep without texting me good night almost every night. Well here I realize I am fading fast. So I WILL say good night. :-)

Ok world, that was a lot of writing. I hope you all enjoy it. And if there are a lot of typing errors, I am sorry. I guess that just comes with writing at 2 in the morning.

Good night world,
Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment