Sunday, March 21, 2010

Could I borrow your camera?

Ever have one of those days that you wish you could video tape? One of those days that was just so great that you wish you had something to mark it and remember it for years to come? Today was one of those days. Yes, yes it was a girl. For those of you who are flipping out because you have not heard about her, I'll explain. At Innabah two weekends ago, there was a staff interview like I talked about. There was a girl named Jess there. We started to talk almost right away that weekend and have been in constant contact, and if you ask my friends about how much I have been texting you'll understand how CONSTANT I mean. So we were talking and wanted to hang out, out of the camp setting so she drove (surprisingly) 30 minutes to come to Eastern. We spent basically the whole day together. Today was basically my 3rd AWESOME day in a row. Athletics day with Jon, "Crickin" with Paul, Erin and Bethany, then today.

So, Jess got to campus around 12:15 and went directly to Cosi. It was delicious. Oh my gosh it was. We were walking and I saw that I was being nervous. I was talking SO much it was almost dumb. I tried a few times to act cool by sitting back in my chair, sitting on a railing, and balancing on the sidewalk (oh...that all didn't actually happen IN Cosi. I can see my Dad asking that question), but it didn't work. I was SO nervous and happy. We ate, I found out she didn't like sea food, I got unhappy, she found out I don't like tacos and SHE got unhappy, so it was all good.

We walked back to school and stopped over in Fenimore Woods. We went in to the creek and I taught Jess how to skip stones. She got pretty good and I failed. I actually almost hit her feet with one. Smoooooth move. Then I got adventurous and tried to make a land bridge to the other side. So...I gave up and just threw down a stick and jumped off of it. haha. Nonetheless, that was cool. After just sitting down for a while, we decided to go back on to campus (a 1 minuteish walk). I then proceeded to give the grand tour of the campus. I did NOT show her the library because Chelsea was giving me a hard time on that. But everything else I pretty much showed Jess.

We then met up with Chelsea and Katherine down at another creek that actually drains FROM Fenimore and just waded through. It was fun. I then talked to a kid named Eric and learned a little bit about the "Make Your Own Major" option here at school. I STILL am trying to figure out what to do. ANYWAY, Jess and I proceeded to walk back to the room. We WERE going to get a blanket and just sit out in the sun until dinner which was only 30 minutes later, but we just sat in my room which was (temperature) cool.

Dinner was not bad tonight. haha. Jess got a 30 CENT discount I believe. I'll have to check the prices for Sunday Dinner tho. After dinner we had one of the best parts of the night. We sat by the pond outside of Walton. She sat facing towards the water and I did too originally. But...then I saw a frisbee and tried to get it from the water but that failed. So instead I just sat facing away from the water and we talked while looking at each other. That was great. It's interesting how much information you can cover in such a short amount of time.

After that was watching Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. It is a GREAT movie. Jess liked it. We just sat on the couch and just had fun talking, laughing, yeah it was great.

Something I thought was interesting was that she remembered EVERYONE'S name that she met! Jess = extrovert. It was cool to see that in her. And the name thing is not the only extroverted quality I've seen in her. Just another observation. So yeah, it was a GREAT day. I wish it could happen again and hopefully we can hang out more. We'll see how that goes. Worst comes to worst is that I'll see her at Innabah for like...9 weeks this summer.

I then spent a while with Matt, Bethany and Erin watching The Truman Show. Wow...is THAT an interesting movie. I have a lot to think about on that. But it's 4:15. Maybe I'll unwrap that later. Then I talked with Paul and Matt just chilling. THEN I had a good like...2 hour conversation with Bethany.

Well...that's it. Well, not IT it. But that's all. Today has been a great day and I'm rather sad to see it end. I guess that's why I'm still up at quarter after four. I just...don't want to let it stop. But everyone has gone to sleep and so too must I. With that, I will bid you all adieu.

Good night world,
Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment