Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New Mind, Same Time

So I decided to come here briefly tonight thanks to my friend Kristen. She commented on my fb telling me to blog. Here is my only problem: I don't have anything to write about. So guess what I'm going to talk about tonight? Haha, yep, the fact that I have nothing to write about. See, I don't walk around like I used to pondering at every leaf, looking at every rain drop, and staring at the clouds. Instead, I am walking through life smiling and content. I don't need to know if there are six pedals on that flower or seven. The flower is beautiful and I'd like to stare at it and marvel in the beauty. I'm not really curious at anything. Thanks to the circumstance of meeting Jess and events pertaining to her and not happening thereafter, I am starting to go with the flow. I am starting to BELIEVE that everything happens for a reason and if I am meant to know it, I will. You could read this and say that I don't care about education anymore, or that people without the will to explore never discover new territory. I am not telling you that my mindset is forever changed or that I will never think and unpack in this space I've taken to calling my "journal," again. On the contrary, I DO think and I would love to unpack thoughts here with you all and marvel at the things God has given us. But I don't need to unpack right now. My mind is at rest. I know what I want to do with my life. I understand things I need to do to get there and the people I have behind me all the way (thank you Mom and Dad). I have people in my life that are helping me grow and they themselves are growing too (thanks Matt). Call me what you want. But here is something I think you SHOULD call me: happy. Now THAT, is something to write about.

Good Night World,
Michael Leather

P.S. What the HECK the title for this means you ask? I have no clue. Sometimes I just give a title that feels right. The title is trivial, don't worry about it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment