Saturday, January 16, 2010

Touchdown

Well, Jeff woke me up early this morning (ok, so I was out at 12 but still early for a Saturday) and we went a played Ultimate with the EU team. Let me tell you, I have never been worse at frisbee since when I started to play. It was BAD. No one really threw to me anyway, but when I was able to catch the frisbee, I didn't. I think I had an opportunity to catch the disc 6 times and two were end zone catches. I had a really great slide and catch in the end zone and caught a frisbee FINALLY five minutes before I left. I was really happy. Then I got to thinking. It is because of me not catching that the other team scored (I think I counted) three other times. This is when I realized the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. I was happy that I scored but I realized that it was because of me that we were down in points. Is that pessimistic or optimistic or just...realism? I don't know. I just thought it was interesting. I spent some time with other friends today. I think I will refer to the "Who am I?" post and say that this is still hard. I didn't talk much and felt very out of place. But I stayed with them just because all of the girls I was with were really cool and I want to know them better. So yeah. We'll see. I just got a txt to go to dinner. Later everyone.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment