Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Super Saiyans and Lemonade

When life hands you lemons, you are supposed to make lemonade. Not only do I COMPLETELY agree, I try to practice this 100%. Whenever I am down and in a rut, I think about the awesome sugary things in my life and how I am SO lucky and how life is so sweet. I am in great health, have the best parents ever, (sorry, I know I'm biased) friends who love me, money for college, a functioning brain, an awesome God who loves me and I could make this list go on forever. These things I just listed are my sugar, the essence that give my life flavor and purpose. I think back to these sour, bitter lemons and what delicious lemonade I can make. But what about others?

I talked with a good friend of mine tonight and let me tell you, her life STINKS. Every time I hand her a cup of sugar, life uses a dump truck and throws lemons at her as if she could hold more lemons than the ocean. What does she do then? I read 2 Corinthians 1:4 today in a reading for class. It was fantastic. It basically says that you go through turmoil in life but Jesus is there with you. That is SO uplifting. Even Philippians 4:13 says that we can do ANYTHING, absolutely freakin ANYTHING through Christ who gives us strength. But...then I think about her and her life. I can't find anything uplifting to say or...anything for that matter. But let me tell you, God is there and has a purpose for her life. I think I said it the other day "We are immortal until God calls us home." Everything, EVERYTHING happens to us because God lets it. Everything happens for a specific reason even if we can't tell why right now. That's the only positive thing I can say. God has a purpose for her and I know it from the tip to the lowest depths of my hear that it is going to be one of greatness.

So, when life hands YOU lemons, whether it be two or two tons, what are you going to do? Are you going to pour sugar in to the pitcher to make it the sweetest thing your taste buds have ever encountered? Or...are you going to squeeze every drop from those lemons into your water and purse your lips to drink your vile concoction because you feel it's the best you can do? I think I'm going to go out and buy some more sugar. How about you?

Goodnight everyone.

Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment