Friday, February 12, 2010

Give Me an A

Wow, this is soooo weird. Tonight I just feel...apathetic. Completely apathetic towards everything. I don't care when I go to sleep, I don't care about working on homework, I don't care about actually doing anything at all. I somehow wandered on to my blog and just felt like writing. I don't think this apathy is honestly bad. I think we all need to feel this way sometimes. If we always are thinking and worrying about stuff, do we ever TRULY relax? I can't remember the last time I felt this...at ease. None of my muscles are tense(which is new), my mind is clear(again, this is new), and I just feel good(Well...I often do). This is a new feeling. I hope everyone can feel this because it's weird and cool at the same time. I mean, literally, I'm relaxed but also it's weird because I wonder when this feeling will end. I hope it does soon.

So what happened today? Let's see, I woke up at 12 o'clock (Oh how I LOVE college and snow days!) and went to the dining commons to eat lunch with Mommy. It was great. We just talked. I was afraid we were going to talk like old friends who have to catch up, but we just picked up right where we left off. You have no idea how happy that makes me. My Mom IS my best friend. No one really understands me quite as well except for maybe Keith. But still, Mom and I are so alike and I just love spending time with her. She baked me pumpkin bread, I am SOOOO going to eat that for breakfast tomorrow.

The rest of the day is literally a blur. I do not remember what happened at all today. I remember I went to dinner around...I don't remember and then met up with Jeff at 8. We went off campus and smoked cigars for the first time. THAT was an experience. We couldn't get the cigars lit well at first, then because of how darn cold it was, our hands froze up. I think it is safe to say neither of us enjoyed the act of smoking a cigar and we will probably never do that again. It smelled funny, I felt funny afterward, I just didn't like it. They say "you can't knock it til you try it." Well...I tried it and now I'm knocking it. haha.

Now I am working on a new pair of shoes that I REALLY like on Nike.com. They're just like Jeff's the Nike Sweet Classic, but they're canvas. I like them a lot. They're 90 freakin dollars, but hey a guy can dream can't he?

I have a race tomorrow, a 5k. That's 3.1 miles of me running straight. It's actually not that far. It's also cool because it's called the Feel The Love 5k which is for Valentine's Day which means....it's a COUPLES race! haha. I'm running with my friend Esther Bliss. She is a hoot, that girl cracks me up. We weren't sure what classification of "couple" we are, so we just check off "lovers couple." It doesn't matter. haha. Wish me luck.

Katie Marsh keeps bringing up Ivan to me. I have an update on Ivan: I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS! I haven't seen that goose for at least 2 weeks. He has a broken wing so I know he can't fly anywhere. I hope my sociologicalobservationgoose is ok!

Ok, I'm done for the night. Good night world. I hope life is as good for you as it is for me.

Michael Leather

1 comment: