Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Castle of My Mind

These thoughts keep infiltrating my mind. It's like an army raiding the beach with only one lone knight defending his stone castle. These thoughts are going to come whether I want them to or not (which I do) and they will conquer with no mercy. I expel and as instantaneously as they are gone, my mind has double the thoughts once again. One step forward, two back; one out, two in. I love the fact that I think so much. Life is so much more mysterious when you think. I don't solve things, I'm not Newton, I just ponder. It's really awesome what goes on in my mind. I give all of the credit to my father who never stopped asking questions. Literally, never. It's funny because I hated, oh wait I need the appropriate emphasis HAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEDDDDD, it as a kid. Today, I am a better person because of it. No, Daddy does not know everything, but I guess he kind of knew what he was doing. haha. So, the army has attacked and I am left alone to defend my castle, my keep, my mind. What do I do? I give it all to God. Just like I said yesterday. I have decided to let the army come in, do as they wish, but at the end of my castle is a rubber band. Upon command I can release the tension on it and the men will shoot out of my castle and it is once again quiet, once again mine. Here's what I'm shooting out today.

Proof- I was on Google today searching under images. I was NOT searching under Superman, I promise, but a Superman poster came up. Here is the link: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiF_38PcYv72kVzG00arD1sg3g09FT6L8yeESOUfCHbAjrK9rfQimVeEbyEso_27hrlrozI9z5ONVXsgNQheuTAP7t2XZLr9-02aA6sdpC2mgX2KOlvf3gqdxN37msqt9klCRj-CS9zsYA/s400/superman.jpg So you don't have to go read it, it says "Proof: Trying to prove God with the Bible is like trying to prove Superman with a comic book." Um...how do I react to this? Even tho I have a feeling that this is meant to be derogatory, is it really wrong? Yes, we as Christians follow the Bible and believe it. The Bible is God inspired and true. However, the only Earthly reason why we can say the Bible is true is because of so much archaeological evidence. I am reading a book by James Charlesworth called "The Historical Jesus." In this book, Charlesworth talks a great deal about the evidence we have found to prove stuff about Jesus. Through this evidence, we know the Bible is true. So...then is this poster I saw true? Do we really need evidence to prove God? I mean, we are not supposed to test God. However, he shows us proof EVERY day of just how awesome he is. So we technically need evidence, otherwise would God have created it? I'm not going to give an answer to these few soldiers. I don't know if there is a right answer or not.

Tattoo- My friends Chelsea, Katherine, Bethany and Erin were in my room for about 35 minutes today. One of the topics that came up was tattoos. Erin has one that says "Peace" on her wrist. You can read "Peace" both upside down and right side up. It's rather cool. All of us said that a tattoo would be cool, but every tattoo needs a meaning. You can't just get one and then be like "...crap, I hate this" a year later. My room mate Matt wants his favorite Bible verse tattooed on his write, or his favorite poems that he's written. THAT is a meaning. Other people may or may not like them, but that doesn't matter. To Matt, that or those tattoos will mean the world. Naturally, I've thought about getting a Superman tattoo. For those of you yelling at me over the screen right now, calm down first of all. I am NOT going to get this done. But honestly, if you love Superman this much, you WILL think about it. I'm just not dumb enough to follow through. So what WOULD I get tattooed on my body? What symbol, marking, or letters would I put on my body and be happy spending the rest of my life with? Lucky for you, I've already thought about this. My baby sister Marissa was born when I was like 17 months old. She died when she was six days old. I know that she is with my always, like my own guardian angel always helping me. For some reason in class, on random papers, just about everywhere, I keep drawing 8.17.92 in unique design. That's the day she was BORN. I love it. I draw the day she was born. The day of our blessing with her in the life of my family. Every time I look at it, I think about the good stuff that happens in life and how God gives us all so much. I think writing her birthday is the optimist in me. If I wrote 8.23.92 that would be rather pessimistic. If I were to get a tattoo, I would be 8.17.92 on my right forearm. I don't know if I can explain all of the emotions that would run through my head every time I see that.

Best Friend- I've written this before, but it came up again today. I miss Keith. Like, I don't really know how to describe in words how much I miss the best friend I have ever had. I miss waking up and seeing his texts saying "Why do you sleep so long, get your butt over here." I miss laughing, playing Magic with him and trying to be better than him in EVERYTHING. I miss having a best friend. Yes, if you asked Matt and Jeff, they are my best friends. But...that's not the best friend I mean. Every morning Matt wakes up and goes to Paul's room to see him and wake him up. If anyone on campus were to see Matt, the should automatically look for Paul. Bethany has Erin. Bethany sleeps over Erin's room like...every day. If you see Bethany, Erin is probably somewhere VERY close. My friend Chelsea moved her dorm room this semester. Her best friend is Katherine. I swear that those two have the same hip. They are inseparable. Jeff is ALWAYS with Kristen. She doesn't even go here and he is with her more than anyone on campus. I want this...so bad. I know I'm not supposed to be jealous but I really can't help it. Every time I've come close to a person, it's either not worked out for some reason or they become closer with another person. Many of the people I listed above are perfect examples of this. I don't know what to do, or if I should even do anything about this. I just thought I would throw this soldier in the pile and see if anything would happen with him.

Being Awesome- What a concept. I was looking through a friend's pictures today on Facebook. Yes, I was technically "Facebook Stalking" for about 30 minutes. On their Facebook, I saw many people. I saw that person and many other awesome people. They were all having a ridiculous amount of fun in every picture I clicked the "Next" button to see. All of the people in these pictures were my friends. Yet...I was not in a SINGLE one of these pictures. They were all having fun and I definitely was not there. Correlation maybe? This just made me think about being awesome or...fun. Paul, Jeff, Kyle, Dan and Matt are just...AWESOME guys. You can't help but be drawn to them. They are like super strong magnets and people are all tiny pieces of iron flying to them because of the strong attraction. They do the most random stuff some times and laugh, have stories, and there is like...never a dull moment with any of them. You know what is funny though? I'm almost never there when those fun times happen. I'm not genuinely "awesome" like they are. I can't even ACT as if I am. Today I wanted to be cool and people drawn to me. I became severely jealous of everyone. Then God intervened. Just as I got my hottest, Stefan, a friend from camp who is only in 10th grade (I think), texted me. I don't know why, but this kid likes me. He's AWESOME and I have no problem with talking to him; I love that he does. I just think it's funny that just as you think about what you don't have, God shows you what he's already given you. I sincerely was about to cry of jealousy and then I felt the vibration of of phone. I looked at the name "Stefan" and just...started laughing hysterically and said "thank you God." I was fine after that. And people say God doesn't speak to us. Interesting huh?

RA- Wow...it's 1:15. I can talk about this soldier attacking my castle for a long time. Like... a REALLY long time. So I'll just try and rubber band him as quickly as possible. I don't think I'm good enough to be an RA. Paul and Jeff ARE. Simple as that. I would honestly like...fight people to be a resident on Paul's hall. Like I said in my last paragraph, he is just one of those naturally AWESOME people. My only thing is that...I kinda need to get RA. It's not just enough that I want to test myself, I want to get involved in school, I WANT to be RA. No, I NEED to be RA. I'm really not in the mood to go into it much more than that. But let me just say this: "God, please take this lemon from me? I don't need it. I'm giving this up to you God. If I get RA, you want me to be here at EU. If I don't, I know what I have to do. Thank you for knowing what is right for me and showing me along the way that you've got my back. Life may give me lemons to make it sour, but you are my sugar, you make my life sweet."

Good night everyone, go drink some lemonade and make sure you have your rubber band ready.

Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment