Saturday, May 1, 2010

Three Words

For the last few days I have been hanging with a group; a group of friends. Let me tell you this: It is AWESOME. I have never had a solid core of friends I always hang with, never. But this past week I have spent so much time with Matt, Josh, Paul and Zetts, that it is borderline ridiculous (but in a good sense). Paul even pointed out to me yesterday how close the five of us have gotten and when we wanted to do something, we automatically wanted to invite the others. Coming back from dinner tonight was honestly one of my favorite moments of the school year. The five of us were walking in a line back to Gough from Walton. I was all the way on the end and I could look left and see the four guys. We were all smiling and laughing and I just felt right at home. There was no other place in the world I would rather be than with them at that point.

While hanging with my "band of brothers" I talked a lot with Paul. Often it came up that Paul talked about describing someone in three words. I thought this was interesting. Not four, not two, not one sentence or a paragraph: three words. To describe a person in three words, you must pick genuine, solid, perfect words because you don't have that much room to say. For example, I'd describe Matt as: Loving, Godly and Friend. Those may not be the three BEST words to describe my room mate (I think "Deep" would compete, but I'm getting off task), but using those three words, one can get a grasp on him. To describe Keith I would say: Best friend ever. Do you get the idea? These three simple words are almost...a legacy; They describe you for all to know. How do you think people would describe YOU in these three nuggets on personality? I honestly wonder what people would say about me? So this is why I'm going to do. Please leave me a comment. Give me your three words. You don't have to, many people could be too shy about it. But I'm curious. I wonder what my "legacy" to the world is at this point in my life. Something to ponder.

I am running the Broad Street Run tomorrow. It is a 10 mile race. So I gotta get to sleep. Wish me luck and please pray I can keep my head. Good night world.

Michael Leather

1 comment: