Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm back!

So it's been a very long time since I've been here. Sorry to my followers and to people who just like to pop in to this external hard drive of my brain. Well, I guess it really isn't one anymore, since I haven't written on here in over three weeks. haha. But it used to be.

I wondered today why I haven't written on here in such a long time. When I was at school and blogged rather often, I was seeing new things, pondering new ideas, talking to people, and I just had a plethora of material to ponder and blog about. Since my lack of time at college, due to it not being in session, I have no material. I have since come home and relaxed. The biggest things I've had to wonder about is when I should mow the lawn, how long I will spend cleaning my room today, and what Dragonball Z episode to watch next. I must say that while these activities seem strenuous (yeah, I am being severely sarcastic) to the mind, they are not too life altering. Hence my lack of material and my lack of blog posts in any shape or fashion.

Well, then why am I here? I came to camp today, but nothing happened here. I just came and I watched youtube with my friends for a few hours. I think I feel asleep for almost an hour and a half. Wahoo, what an exciting life. haha. But honestly, I did come up with a few things to ponder. Some may be extremely ridiculous and you may be sorry to know me, but at least I have a blog post....right?

For starters, I'll get the ridiculous out of the way. My Dad just came home today and I was leaving for camp and had a hat on my head. He looked at me and said "no offense, but you should probably wear a hat a lot this summer." I looked at him in the oddest way because I was SO confused. Then he said "well, it's no secret you need a little miracle grow on top and I'd rather not see the sun burn it off." OUCH. haha. He IS right though. While driving here to camp, I notice that my hair in the front is lighter. Whether it's because I'm getting more sun so it's blonder, or it is turning gray, I have no idea. But then I thought something: is it better to be bald or gray by 25? Then I realized there was no competition, I'd rather look older with gray hair than have NO HAIR AT ALL! So, I hope I stop loosing hair and it just goes gray (although I'd prefer neither). That is my decision.

At school, I have no BEST friend. I have Bethany, Jeff, Matt, Katherine, Chelsea and Paul as all very good friends of mine. I will not disrespect them saying that they are not some of my best friends I have ever had. Also with being home, I was wondering when on Earth I would spend time with a friend. Then something weird happened, my friend Shawn (who got MARRIED ON SATURDAY!!!) called me. He wanted to hang out and get stuff ready for the wedding. Keith texted and wanted to know if we could hang, Katie texted me and wanted to hang out some as well. I got these awesome friends all around me here at home, and it took me until the summer after high school to realize that. How dumb I am! Yes, Keith is my best friend ever, I just think it's interesting that I never realized I actually had more than just him at home. It was...comforting to realize that.

So...my car. This is the last thing, then I am going to bed. I was driving back from Bristol (I know, don't boo at my blog because I was in Bristol. Shawn and Charissa bought a very nice house there) and I realized my radio wasn't working. Then I heard a buzzy, electrical sound at the back of my car. THEN I smelt smoke. Now, I don't know about you, but when I smell smoke (when there is smoke, there is fire. Remember that saying?) in a vehicle moving 50ish miles per hour, I kinda want to get out of the car! So I pulled over INSTANTLY (without cutting people off), popped the hood and looked to see if I could see charred wire. I then realized that the sound was from the back, so the smell should be from there too. And guess what? It was the speakers in the trunk of my car: fried. It is safe to say that the car ride to camp yesterday was very quiet. haha. Anyway, I called my Dad and asked him to come check on me (he was at home) and he drove out down Route 13 to come see my car. It was so cool! See, I did everything checking out my car, so when he got to where I was parked on the side of the road, I just gave him a quick overview of all I did and what I thought was wrong. He quick looked at the car and was like "....ok then. Good job." I smiled. I WON! I sometimes worried that in bad situations, I wouldn't be able to handle the stress and wouldn't think. But in this small problem, I acted admirably. It seemed almost second nature to do what I did. So I am thoroughly happy with my self.

Ok, so I went to post this last night and I thought it was deleted. I am VERY happy that it was NOT. haha. On that note, I do not want to jinx this and will post NOW. Good night world.

Michael Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment